Attracting new customers is one thing, but turning them into long-term clients is another. The nature of a spa business lends itself to some fun marketing ideas. Advertising the right way allows you to attract new customers and convert them into loyal clients. Who doesn’t love saving money? Give your customers a deal and they will come back again and again.
Offer a Loyalty Program
One of the easiest ways to create lifelong spa clients is to offer a loyalty rewards program. Few business operate without some type of loyalty rewards program. Most chain stores even have their own loyalty cards. The idea is simple, the more customers visit the spa, the more they can save on future services.
Examples of loyalty programs include:
- Buy 10 services; get one free. Get 10 massages, for example, get one massage free. Give customers two free punches to get them started and give them motivation to fill up the card.
- Referral programs that offer a discount for bringing in friends and family. Give customers 20% off of their services if they refer someone to the business, for example. After a handful of referrals, offer them a free add-on service.
- Use a point system where they can earn a certain number of points per service or per dollar spent. Offer bigger rewards for more points so clients have something to work towards.
- Team up with other local businesses so you can offer a variety of freebies as rewards.
Schedule a Girls’ Night Out Promotion
Another good way to boost sales and encourage customer loyalty is to plan a girl’s night out or mom’s night out type of promotion.
Pick a normally slow night and advertise a deal for women to bring their friends in for a night of pampering. Choose a set menu for the group and decide if you want to allow add-ons to personalize their experience and make extra sales. Offer production promotions and group discounts.
You can also provide light snacks or wine to make the experience memorable for the clients. Be sure to collect their email addresses and other contact information and offer to book their next appointment on the spot.
Host Contests and Give Away Spa Packages
Everyone loves contests and the chance to win something for nothing. There are several ways to create customer loyalty through contests.
- Set up a table at a local charity event. Offer small freebies with your spa name and information on them and have a contest box with simple entry forms.
- Hold a contest using completed loyalty program cards. Enter them into a drawing for a free service or gift card. This rewards your regulars and keeps them coming back, as well as singing your praise to others.
- Host a social media contest, asking people to like and share your page for a chance to enter the drawing. It’s a great way to spread the word about the spa.
Get creative with your marketing plan to lure in costumers in a fun way. Remember, most spa treatments aren’t a necessity, but a way for people to treat themselves to something special. Show them how they can pamper themselves more often. Create a special and relaxing experience for clients while providing a reward for coming back and you can easily build a loyal customer base.