Running a spa business takes creativity, skill, and passion. Getting the word out about what you do is just as important as the services you offer. Having a successful business requires a good marketing plan.
In the past, it may have been enough to rely on word-of-mouth advertising to get new clients, but there is a lot of competition these days and staying busy takes a little extra effort. Growing the business is easy with a little creative marketing though.
Easy Tips to Increase Clientele
- Create a Website. If you aren’t advertising your spa business online, you are missing a huge opportunity to gain new clients. The first thing people do when looking for spa services is search online. More people are using their smart phones to find local spas too. A website is a great marketing tool that you have complete control over. Use the website as a landing page with information about the location, contact information, and services offered. Take it a step further and create a blog on the website to offer helpful tips and photos. You can make a free or low cost website or hire someone to build one for you.
- Offer Online Booking. Another opportunity to gain new clients is to allow them to book an appointment online. People get busy and often find themselves stealing moments here and there, even at work. They often find it is easier to fill out a simple online form than to make a phone call.
Protip: Take online scheduling a step further and create an app for iPhone and Android which allows clients to easily schedule appointments right from their phone. If you have a good website, this can be as easy as using a service like AppMakr.
- Take Advantage of Social Media. Linking your web page and blog to several social media sites can also help build your client list. Start by creating a business page on Facebook and Twitter. Post links to your website and blogs on them. Also take the time to fill out the “about” section, providing details about the business and services offered. Post photos of the business, as well as clients with their new look. Advertise daily or weekly specials. Sound off about new products or services, and post tidbits about the business and staff. Don’t be afraid to show some personality. Branch out to other social media sites too. Pinterest and Instagram can help create a buzz as well; they’re perfect for an audience whom likes to pamper.
- Offer a Referral Program. Everyone likes to save money. Offering discounts can switch a one time customer into a long-term client. This is especially true if they don’t have to spend extra money to receive the benefit. That’s why a referral program works so well. If the customer brings a friend in, they get a discount off of their treatments.
- Partner with Local Charities. Advertising at charity events is a great way to spread the word about your spa business. Not only can you set up a table with information, business cards and coupons for first-time clients, but you can also offer a simple free service on the spot to entice them to visit your shop. Participating businesses usually get advertising space on promotional materials, t-shirts and banners that relate to the event.
Grow Your Business with a Mix of Marketing Strategies
No one marketing strategy is able to make or break your business. It takes some trial and error to see which methods work best, but using a variety of tactics helps spread the word farther and faster. Intermixing them works well too. You can promote your website and referral program at charity events, for example.